List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: usability guidelines
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-08-05 15:34:32

On Thursday 05 August 2004 10:29, James Ots wrote:
> On Thursday 05 Aug 2004 09:49, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > Dnia czwartek, 5 sierpnia 2004 02:12, Henrique Pinto napisał:
> > > Why use the Gnome HIG instead of the KDE UI Guidelines? And doesn't the
> > > KDE UI Guidelines cover all you talked about?
> >
> > Where are they?
>
> After a few minutes of searching around the kde websites, I found this:
> http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/basics/index.htm
>
> It could do with a link on the usability website perhaps?

Indeed. Those guidelines really needs to be brought out in the light. I am
working on converting it to docbook and integrate it with the usual KDE
framework on usability.kde.org(and moving them overthere) -- all the markup
is already done by Lauri Watts, what's missing is some cleanup, fixing, and
glue logic. I'm working on it..

> And the usability website could do with an overhaul - the last news on the
> front page is Feb 27 2003 - which makes it look like KDE doesn't care about
> usability.

It will come naturally as things starts to actually happen.

			Frans