List:       kde-usability
Subject:    KDE Usability Articles slowly starting
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-08-02 3:22:43

The two first articles are up.

The first one, defining the KUA project itself:
http://usability.kde.org/kua/php/kua1.php

Comments are welcome. If people finds it fine, I will later on lift the draft
status(but improvements can of course always be done).

The other article concerns discussing usability, as we do here on
kde-usability, and contains advises on how to do it in more sane ways. It
probably needs lots of corrections and additions(perhaps too bulky? Needs
more structure?):
http://usability.kde.org/kua/php/kua8.php

Pay attention to the last paragraph in KUA8; I'm suggesting we more or less
start moderating each other. When any of those typical kde-usability-threads
fire off, anyone of us may step in and ask them to take it off-list,
suggesting what KUA8 says. To get my idea communicated; The "KControl" thread
started by Benjamin is ok, but the lengthy "Few miscellaneous suggestions"
was too bulky and did not result in any work, AFAIK.
Because we need functional working place.

Perhaps KUA8 will help us raise the signal/noise ratio? I think we can aim for
what kde-core-devel is.

When these two have settled, we will of course continue!

			Frans

PS. The KUA project is yet not linked into the site in general, nor have a
navigation page, and there's  whitespace problems(links etc.) in the articles
due to the docbook->XHTML generation still is buggy.