List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Network Config + Applet?
From:       Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo () gsbarbieri ! sytes ! net>
Date:       2004-07-27 21:57:27

Em Monday 12 July 2004 18:52, Ra1n escreveu:
> Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > These days I was asked about some GUI to easy (simple) configure network
> > interfaces and a systray applet for network status, like windows does.
> > 	I think these are great things to have... and not hard to implement.
>
> Well you can look on kde-apps.org for knemo and net2go, also kde has
> included kwifimanager and a kcm module for configuring wifi cards

knemo seems good. I cannot find net2go.

Why kde includes a wifi manager and no general purpose network tool? Almost
everybody have a network card... It's something really trivial to do in
Windows, but users rely on distro tools to do that in linux... Every distro
is different, Linux is different from BSD and even various linux use
different files.

PS: Why knemo isn't included in kde?

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri