List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: Graphic Design for Programmers
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-07-27 3:46:52

>From: Claes Holmerson <claes@it-slav.net>
>Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:35:12 +0200 (CEST)
>
>There is an interesting paper "Graphic Design for Programmers"
>that was presented at Guadec:
>
>http://www.w3.org/2004/Talks/07-quin-guadec-typography/
>(from http://2004.guadec.org/wiki/DayTwo)
>
>A quote:
>"I have seen very few windowing systems that consider proportions of
>windows or dialog boxes at all.  This is unfortunate, as it?s clear that a
>mixture of mismatched proportions creates needless tension and discomfort
>on the part of most users."
>
>Recommended reading!

Unfortunately, I am on a system which doesn't have OpenOffice so I could
only read what was online in the presentation. However, that seemed very
accurate and applicable, reminiscent of design classes. Thanks for the link,
I'll read the rest when I'm home again.

I would also have to recommend reading that (or something along those lines)
to anyone who has not studied graphic design before.