List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: list of usability-related aKademy discussion
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-26 13:37:50

On Monday 26 July 2004 05:13, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > we'll be writing code there as well. just as you, Benjamin and others
> > have. or did you first write and pass a long formal document here before
> > writing code? did you get everyone and their dog to help you write that
> > code? no, you discussed it with various people and got to the business of
> > writing code. and that's the way it should work.
>
> I very much wrote the doc first and then made the app.

how man other developers not on this list vetted it? i wasn't around for the
last couple months, so this is a serious question ;-)

and.... how would i find it were i to hear about it on IRC? e.g. a URL?

i ask simply because these are the questions i expect to get asked ;-)

> I could just write
> a xml file for my current doc that fits in the current kde3 kcontrol, but
> also wanted to present another idea for how kcontrol could look.  There are
> really two parts to kcontrol.  Where things go and what they look like (the
> data and the presentation).

... and what guidelines the individual panels follow. that affects how the
"where things go" works out.

the presentation, in my mind, also includes not just looks but interaction:
search, help, navigation (which has to scale up and out) ....

anything to add to the above quick snips?

> > i could add several names to your list of "up to date wrt to KControl".
> > several of them will be at aKademy. few if any of them are on this list.
> > viewed that way, kde-usability is a private email discussion as well. i
> > hope you'll agree with me that that's a ludicrous statement, and
> > therefore so is the same statement regarding aKademy =)
>
> Just and fyi I also will not be able to attend.

=/

> > 	points of conversation you are interested in seeing addressed and/or
> > want to be involved in
>
> To help make the two doc describing the categories and presentation.

noted =)

and hopefully we'll be able to get to more than just docs. any code in
particular you'd like to have discussed / picked over? any points in your doc
that you see as particularly salient / finished? embryonic and in need of
fleshing out?

--
Aaron J. Seigo