List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Few miscellaneous suggestions
From:       Christoph Wiesen <chris () deadhand ! com>
Date:       2004-07-24 11:16:03

Am Samstag, 24. Juli 2004 09:48 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> Dnia piątek, 23 lipca 2004 17:27, Christoph Wiesen napisał:
> > For me it's a far lower issue to have documentation showing another
> > style than the way it's now - especially if you consider that many
> > people and companies _will_ 'fix' it with Plastik or another classic
> > style by themselves - but that's just me.
>
> You are wrong here. Many, many common users wil be completely lost when
> documentation screenshots will be different from what they see on
> screen.

Yes it _is_ a problem if the screenshot show such a unique style such as
Keramik - if they were done in KDE-Classic and the actual style used would be
Plastik that would be no problem. But that's not how it is.

My point is that many such common users _will_ be using something else then
Keramik. Maybe their distro decided that Keramik was too bloated to be used
as a default or the ran the Personalizing Wizard at startup and most probably
changed to something else themselves. have have seen new users ask me to
change the theme or even try themselves if it was set to Keramik.
So the issue with documentation screenshots _is_ there for many users. Whether
KDE changes the default or not.
just my 0.02€ - don't want to offend anyone.