On Friday 09 July 2004 23.25, Holger Waechtler wrote: > Hi all, > > while browsing the SigGraph2004 paper list I encountered a paper that > analyzes the typical navigation behaviour and weaknesses of 'average' > people on common 2D desktop and icon sceneries and proposing an > interesting and plausible scheme to improve visual memory of users's > file icon representation including some pretty interesting user studies: > http://www.idiom.com/~zilla/Work/visualids.pdf Yes, I think they onto something here. Anyway our desktop is much better than the example of current desktop they show :-) Using "Huge" icon size together with "folder icons reflects content" gives a nice visual aid for many files. We do not reformat page unnecessary (I dislike WinXP that not only reformats the page when deleting a file, but also moves to a different location... Konquerors approach to wait a while before reformatting is MUCH better) But I have still felt the need to manually assign icons to some often used folders. And the visual difference of source code is... none... > > Maybe it's an interesting approach that might get incorporated into > konqueror/kfm/nautilus/thegnomefilemanager, maybe some of you are > interested in their research results, > have a good weekend, Generating icons from filename only and not contens is an interesting approach! (I think I would like it) /RogerL -- Roger Larsson Skellefteċ Sweden _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability