List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: lock screen
From:       Florian Graessle <flograessle () uni ! de>
Date:       2004-07-08 8:55:38

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:27:15 +0200
Sander van de Graaf <svdgraaf@idg.nl> wrote:

> I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I was wondering
> why there wasn't a 'lock screen' option when I press ctrl + alt + del,
> or when I select the 'logout' button from the K menu (same window).
>
> IMHO it would be an improvement when the 'lock screen' would be
> available in this 'end-session' window.

Well, the lock screen doesn't actually end the session, whilst "End
session only", "Turn off computer" and "Restart Computer" really do. So
I think it would be pretty unappropriate there.

You can always make use of the respective keyboard shortcut - depending
on which shortcut scheme you have chosen. With my layout it's Ctrl + Alt
+ L. Besides there is a "Lock Screen" button in the K-Menu.

So I guess all your needs are already met.