On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Art Carney wrote: > On July 6, 2004 08:38 am, Dik Takken wrote: >> Ok, here is a new version of the original proposition: >> >> * Add support for double-click folding >> * Add support for double-click splitting (into two single clicks) >> * In single-click mode, double click folding should be default for: >> - Desktop icons >> - Kicker icons >> - Iconview items >> - Other things that would confuse the Redmond converts >> * Double click folding can be disabled in the mouse config >> * Toolbar buttons should have a 'CanReceiveDoubleclicks' property >> (accessible only to the developer) >> * Double click splitting is applied to all toolbar buttons that have >> the 'CanReceiveDoubleclicks' set to false, which should be default. >> > > > Sounds good, I hope some of the kdecore and kdelibs people will weigh in on > what looks like a definite usability improvement for KDE 4. Do you have to be > subscribed to a KDE list to cc it? Yes, you do. > I'm not sure how readily the toolbar double-clicking can be executed. It would > be best if it were treated as a separate issue, imho. Agree. If the other people on this list agree with the new proposal, I can submit a seperate KDE 4 wishlist item for the 'CanReceiveDoubleclicks' property to the KDE bug database, and refer to this thread. I guess the core developers will find it there. Dik _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability