List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal to change mouse click handling
From:       Art Carney <greencarrots () nospammail ! net>
Date:       2004-07-07 6:21:44

On July 6, 2004 08:38 am, Dik Takken wrote:
> Ok, here is a new version of the original proposition:
>
>   * Add support for double-click folding
>   * Add support for double-click splitting (into two single clicks)
>   * In single-click mode, double click folding should be default for:
>     - Desktop icons
>     - Kicker icons
>     - Iconview items
>     - Other things that would confuse the Redmond converts
>   * Double click folding can be disabled in the mouse config
>   * Toolbar buttons should have a 'CanReceiveDoubleclicks' property
>     (accessible only to the developer)
>   * Double click splitting is applied to all toolbar buttons that have
>     the 'CanReceiveDoubleclicks' set to false, which should be default.

Sounds good, I hope some of the kdecore and kdelibs people will weigh in on
what looks like a definite usability improvement for KDE 4. Do you have to be
subscribed to a KDE list to cc it?

I'm not sure how readily the toolbar double-clicking can be executed. It would
be best if it were treated as a separate issue, imho.