List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Recent locations: prototype ready
From:       Maurizio Colucci <seguso.forever () tin ! it>
Date:       2004-06-17 6:48:26

Leo, it is clear to me that you are replying just to give the impression you
know what you are saying. Don't worry, nobody is reading this thread :-)

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 17:24, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 17 Juni 2004 09:04 schrieb Maurizio Colucci:
> [...]
>
> > > Hehe. Having something already open is *always* faster than having yet
> > > to open it. No amount of prelinking, caching, optimizing, amount of MHz
> > > can change that.
> >
> > This is besides the point. Humans wouldn't notice the difference.
>
> You think humans won't notice the difference between a blink-of-the-eye
> switch to an open window and a 4 second start of konqueror?

With caching, all konqueror would do is show an hidden window.

> > > I don't see how this
> > > habit can be mapped to your single global history.
> >
> > The list of open windows is flat, not tree-like. Just like the bookmarks.
> > There is nothing you said that would not continue to work.
>
> The problem is that I have to actually track which pages I want to return
> to. With multiple windows, I automatically get to a formerly used page
> whenever I close an overlaying window/tab.

The same with bookmark. you click the latest one, without even looking at the
other items in the list. Constant time (O(1)) in both approaches.

> [...]
>
> > Drag and drop a page from one window to another?
>
> Arrgh. You're speaking about file-manager mode. I thought you're always
> speaking about the webbrowser-mode.

YOU have said that sentence, not me. I just repeated it with a question mark,
because it makes no sense to me.