List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Window decorations
From:       Walentich/Weissenbacher <aon.912340043 () aon ! at>
Date:       2004-06-13 16:18:42

Art Carney wrote:

>KDE and other operating environments like Windows make a mistake in putting
>the Close button right next to the Maximize and Minimize buttons. This causes
>users with poor mouse skills and those with less-accurate pointing devices
>(laptop users) to accidentally close windows.
>
>IMO the new layout should be
>
>[Close]      [Title]           [optionall appicon] [minimize] [maximize]

Like it is done on Macs?

I think the best solution for this is to let the user choose where he
wants to have what.
So I think it should be discussed to make this possible for all themes etc.

Greetings,
Philipp
--
You are Debian Linux. People have difficulty getting to know you. Once
you finally open your shell they're apt to love you.