List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Bookmark Partway Through Page?
From:       Peter Postmus <p.postmus () st ! hanze ! nl>
Date:       2004-06-12 20:21:14

On Friday 11 June 2004 20:23, Jeff Marder wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:09:22 -0400, Jamethiel Knorth
>
> <jamethknorth@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, this would be a quite better solution. It solves the actual problem
> > (not being able to return to where I was working) and several other
> > problems, all much easier.
> >
> > However, where are these sessions organized? I've not used Opera, so I
> > can't check theirs. In Mozilla, I think you can open a set of bookmarks
> > as tabs, and that's their basic solution. However, I don't think sessions
> > are the same as bookmarks. Bookmarks are often locations you will be
> > returning to repeatedly at random times. Sessions are things you will
> > resume and stick with until they are finished. Also, if they save the
> > entire set of pages and the locations in those pages, they are not going
> > to come out like bookmarks.
>
> I just tried this feature in the latest Opera and it works
> beautifully.  Under the File menu there is an option to save a
> session.  It prompts you for a name and saves the session in a file
> located in a 'sessions' directory underneath the prefs directory.
> Basically, it just stores the dimensions and position for each window
> on the screen, the document being viewed in each window and *position
> in the document*.  Nothing fancy.  Just plain text.  Seems like it
> would be simple to implement.
>
> Jeff

I agree, this sounds like a much more usefull solution than bookmarks partway
through the page. If we implement this, we should also add the option to load
the last state (which is always saved as a session when you exit Konqueror).

However, I don't think this would be very usefull for the filemanagement
profile. What do you think?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,