Jamethiel Knorth wrote: > I have put together designs for a new set of file dialogs. They're not > massively different, but there are a lot of changes. The good version is > at: > > Check it over. There are issues, even some that I can see in a quick > review. This was prompted by the mock-ups I was making for my searching > idea. > > The main changes would be: > > * New quick-access panel > - Search bar > - Dynamic devices list > - Dynamic list of recent locations > - New bookmark system > * Better configuration system > * Better preview field > - Show large icons, rather than blanks for many files > - Show metadata information > * Rearrangement of many control buttons. > > In general, I think this design would be cleaner and more usable than > the old one. > > As always, this is only a set of mock-ups, I can't program that well. > I'm going to send this off the core-devel at some point, after some > suggestions here. > What can I say, for me its very good! the only thing is that IMHO(in the first mockup) the list of devices/recent/bookmarks should be aligned with the icon list, and selected file: File Types: should go aligned to the left The rest is fine for me, good work :-) Luca. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability