List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Single-click and auto-select
From:       Marco Martin <m4rt () libero ! it>
Date:       2004-05-29 15:37:56

David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 16:19, Leo Savernik wrote:
>
> > Am Donnerstag 27 Mai 2004 13:04 schrieb Stephan Binner:
> >
> > > So we do remove double-clicking everywhere because of the Microsoft \
> > > too?
> >
> > Yes, please! But not for the sake of MS, but of usability ;-)
>

> Speaking of which, I was wondering if, at the same time as defaulting to \
> single-click, we should also default to "auto select icon under mouse". \
> This is what makes single-click more useable for many, since the biggest \
> problem with single-click and no auto-select is how to select a single \
> icon.
> I believe activating auto-select would make the default single-click mode \
> more useable, (and btw this is also what Windows does when you choose \
> single-click). I'm not sure why we didn't do it at the time.

I also find this feature very useful, the only thing is that the
editable combo boxes, like the address bar souldn't have that feature,
because when i write something in the address bar i must pay attention
that the cursor isn't under the combo box, because when it expands for
the auto-completition, the mouse auto-selects the item that is
accidentally under it. and this is very annoying.

--
Mart

 Sponsor:
 Offerte speciali a partire da 1 euro