List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Single-click and auto-select
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 17:06:10

>From: Leo Savernik <l.savernik@aon.at>
>Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:32:23 +0200
>
> > - Selecting a file for use with ctrl+c (copy), F2 (rename) or other
> > shortcuts which I think is faster than the corresponding actions from
> > the context menu.
>
>If a user knows about ctrl+c, and F2, he'll also know about Ctrl+LMB to
>select
>a single file. Noobs don't know any shortcuts (except ctrl+alt+del ;-) ).

No, he probably won't.

A ton of people know about ctrl+c because it is in every editor out there.
It's standard. Also, tons of people are migrating from Windows. And, in case
you were wondering, I didn't know about ctrl+lmb.

Where would someone even find that out? Any keyboard shortcut can be found
by editing keyboard shortcuts, but the mouse button shortcuts are basically
never touched, so tons of people don't know them.