List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Single-click and auto-select
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! org>
Date:       2004-05-28 15:10:12

Le Vendredi 28 Mai 2004 14:32, Leo Savernik a écrit :
> Am Freitag 28 Mai 2004 14:32 schrieb Florian Graessle:
> [...]
>
> > - Simply "marking" a file visually so that it can be found again easily
> > when one switches back from another window.
>
> You have a point here.

mmh, really?
but how can you "visually mark" a file surrounded by others in this mode?

[] [] [] [] []

you'd have to hover it, then carefully slalom between all others to switch to
another window? :-)

alt+tab ? Yes, but...
> Noobs don't know any shortcuts

right :-)

In fact, one thing I hate about this mode is precisely that it always leave a
random, visually distracting, selected item in the view when you are done
hovering. It doesn't help usability in any way.