List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Easier Searching in KDE
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-05-23 21:51:54

On Sunday 23 May 2004 01:56, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:
> I was brainstorming about how to better work searching into the
> environment, and I had a few ideas. (...)

...all of which look good and certainly have their places, but will
take some time even if we quickly find someone to implement them.

I think a good start for all of this would be turning the currently
available search features into an IO slave which would instantly give
quite a high integration already through kioslaves ubiquitousness
within KDE. A respective wish report I found is bug:81811.
Implementing this would solve several other reports since any URI can
be bookmarked and browsed as part of browsing history (previous/next)
as well as allows for easier integration of search tools at other
places (e.g. for file open dialogs a search shortcut to show all
local [home] files which can be opened by the current application
would be handy imo).

Cheers, Datschge