List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Minor glitches
From:       Peter Postmus <p.postmus () st ! hanze ! nl>
Date:       2004-05-19 23:07:11

Hi,

While working with KDE I noticed that, although the user interface is pretty
consistent, it seems to have a couple of small glitches. They can be
reproduced as described:

- Open Konqueror and browse to a folder with many items (so that the scrollbar
appears). When hovering over a file or folder, a tooltip appears. Now, scroll
down (e.g., with the scrollwheel). The tooltip disappears, but if there were
any icons underneath, they won't completely re-appear.

- Browse to a folder that contains items with long names near the bottom of
the window. Again, the scrollbar has to be visible (so that the filename text
would extend below the Konqueror window). Now hover over such an item. The
tooltip will appear below the Konqueror window. If the filename is very long,
it can be confusing to the user because the tooltip won't appear anywhere
near Konqueror.

- When pointing the mouse cursor over the notification area, it a frame
appears. I read somewhere that this was done deliberately (although I still
don't understand why). Anyway, after right-clicking on an item in th
notification area, going through the context menu and selecting something,
the frame will still be present. The only way to make it disappear is to move
the mouse into the notification area and out of it, without opening a context
menu.

I don't know if this is still accurate for KDE CVS (which I definitely need to
begin using someday ;)). Anyway, should I report these as bugs?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Peter Postmus