List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Hover close buttons
From:       Florian Graessle <flograessle () uni ! de>
Date:       2004-05-17 11:16:42

On Sun, 16 May 2004 21:18:50 -0300
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo@gsbarbieri.sytes.net> wrote:

> > As I said, if Opera has something reasonable, maybe keep that for
> > consistency's sake.
>
> why not just plain C-z? As you said it's just a matter of adding it to
> undo list. Why it will mess with file management?

Think of the following situation:

Two tabs open. Delete a file in one tab, then close it. Hit ctrl+z
because you want to undo the file deletion. What's happening? The closed
tab opens. Not until then will you be able to undo the file deletion.

Opera uses ctrl+alt+z. I think it would be a good idea to use the same
within Konqueror. Given ctrl+w closes a tab in Konqueror,
ctrl+(shift|alt)+w to undo it would make sense, too.

Besides Opera offers a submenu inside the "Window" menu called "closed".
It lists all the closed windows by their title. Screenshot (27KB):

http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~soma/bldr/operaWindow.png

I'm using it frequently and would be happy to see it implemented in
KDE.

Florian