List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Change Konqueror View Idea
From:       "Art Carney" <greencarrots () nospammail ! net>
Date:       2004-05-15 13:39:54

On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:24:13 +0200, Christian Loose
<christian.loose@hamburg.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, 15. Mai 2004 14:54 schrieb Leo Savernik:
>> Am Samstag 15 Mai 2004 13:18 schrieb Maurizio Colucci:
>> > Why do you say so? As far as I understand, the location bar is not
>> meant
>> > to be read. It is meant to be used for cut & paste. The window title
>> > contains a more readable representation of the location.
>>
>> Easy: The shorter the location bar, the more cumbersome cut & paste
>> becomes. First take into consideration, that one frequently wants to
>> copy
>> only part of the url, second, not everybody uses konqueror maximized at
>> 1600x1200 where this would be no issue.
>
> Being curious, when do you want to just copy&paste part of an url in the
> filemanager mode? I can't imagine any use-case for this ATM.

Not too often imo. Really, it isn't too much of a hassle to push Ctrl/Meta
Backspace and get rid of the extra chars from a full paste. Besides, you
can always take it off yourself if you don't like it. But it is better for
noobs. Beginning users do _not_ copy and paste partial urls.