List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Defaults: Different backgrounds per virtual desktop?
From:       Davide Ferrari <il_vide () katamail ! com>
Date:       2004-05-09 22:41:54

Alle 23:03, domenica 9 maggio 2004, Peter Postmus ha scritto:

> The color change in the pager is, to newbies, not a very clear indication
> of what has happened. So in both cases, the user is likely to be confused
> (he might have open windows in the first desktop, which suddenly seemed to
> have disappeared). In the latter case, he might even be irritated. If, on
> the other hand, the wallpaper is different, he'll immediately know
> something has changed. In other words, the system gives more feedback to
> the user. He is more likely to associate the changed wallpaper with the
> action he has just performed, so he's more likely to recall the action try
> to undo it. As a bonus, he has discovered a great "new" feature ;) (and
> maybe he'll make use of it right away; everyone uses their computer
> differently).

100% agree. In fact, I'd rather consider myself a KDE power user (or something
like this :P) but I've just realized few weeks ago I'm using desktop 2
instead of desktop 1 by default :P (I do not use MD so I've disabled pager)

I think 4 different default background are really useful.

--
Davide Ferrari
ICQ #5301833