List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop Up-One-Level
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2004-05-04 20:19:50

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 21:56, Peter Postmus wrote:
> I don't quite understand the need for this feature. It's allready
> possible to move files to any directory in the the navigation panel
> (tree view). This also allows for moving files to sub-folders: by
> hovering on the desired folder, it will unfold. IMO this is more
> powerful because you can go any number of levels down or up in the
> filesystem, and it's certainly more intuitive than the cumbersome
> move/copy to menu entries.

It is still difficult. It requires you have the navigation-bar, have activated
the tree-view and navigated it to the current folder. Some improvements could
be done here:
1. When hovering while draging an icon let the sidebar activate the view you
hover over.
2. When opening on one of the tree-views, expand the folders to the current
folder (if it is a sub-folder).

And perhaps some simpler way to activate the navigationbar, I always find
myself looking for it when I have just clicked "konqueror" then home.