List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: OS X style dock
From:       Luke Sandell <sandell () freeshell ! org>
Date:       2004-05-01 10:02:46

On Friday 30 April 2004 8:39 am, Rob H wrote:
> In OS X, when you close all the windows of an
> application, the application itself does not usually
> close. The application keeps running and the dock
> indicates this.
> To close the application you have to click file|quit,
> or press mac-q.

We already have this I think, but it must be done via the command-line. It
doesn't actually keep the application "running" but starts a new instance
when you click the tray icon.

ksystraycmd --startonshow --keeprunning konqueror.

It has some problems, eg the icon changes when the application isn't running.

I suggested adding this to the kwin menu a long time ago but nobody took.

Sincerely,
Luke Sandell