List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Proposal for "working groups"
From:       Tom Chance <lists () tomchance ! org ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-27 10:15:34

Hello all,

After reading the review of Scribus posted on the dot (http://dot.kde.org/), I
had a idea. What if the kde-usability list, and the wider usability project,
could be commissioned to write usability reports on specified applications.

Scribus, for example, would request that the usability project write a report,
identifying usability weaknesses and suggesting clear changes to be made,
perhaps backed up by UI files and code if people are able.

On our end, we could debate the report on the mailing lists and write the
report collaboratively on a wiki.

With apps like Scribus, this approach would be ideal, since it's not something
that KDE usability usually covers. However, if successful, it could provide a
model for tackling issues that usually end up as long, often fruitless or
superfluous arguments on this list.

Though I've got the time to read the review and write this e-mail, I really
haven't got the time to lead such a venture, so...

a) Do people like this idea?
b) Will somebody step up to set-up the wiki page, contact the Scribus devs and
coordinate it?

Regards,
Tom