List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: View modes in konqueror
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-04-22 2:40:21

>From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo@gsbarbieri.sytes.net>
>Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:03:53 -0300
>
>Em Wednesday 21 April 2004 10:15, Jamethiel Knorth escreveu:
> > >From: Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo@gsbarbieri.sytes.net>
> > >Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 06:43:54 -0300
> > >
> > >Maybe you consider implementing more info, like file size? It could be
> > > done like in gnome, and using different color or font weight. IE:
> > >
> > >####  Filename
> > >####  123Kb
> > >
> > >Filename could be bold or size could be gray or something that
> > >differentiate
> > >from the filename and attract less attention.
> >
> > I'd been thinking about a similar thing recently as well. It would be
>nice
> > to have the entries under files customizable. It shouldn't be strictly
>file
> > size, but just about anything, and it really should be configurable.
> > Obviously, not fully configurable in one of the main config dialogs,
>just
> > technically possible to change.
>
>Great. Maybe it could be in konqueror's View menu?

What could be there?

> > Also, if making the entries customizable, it would probably be good to
> > remove the requirement for the filename. While making them customizable,
> > make them entirely customizable. And, yes, I would use the nameless file
> > display if I could easily change it on occasion.
>
>Sure.
>
>One problem to handle: right now we have multi-line filenames, maybe it
>should
>go when using other info, or something else. We were discussing filename
>stuff some days ago.

Arrrrghhh!!!! Why must you ask questions which need answering?!?!?!?!

Yeah. I suppose that each seperate entry could have its own max line-length
and there could be an overall max line-length. If it was too short to show
multiple of them at their max-length, it would try to keep the first line of
each. That would be hassle if it needed to be configured much, but would
cover most all instances. It depends on how easily it needs to be
configured.

>BTW, any ideas on how to have the filenames bolder, extra info
>light/gray, ... ?

Again with the difficult questions!

Something like color could be included in the options by entry type. That'd
make the configuration real hell. Oh, the joy of pain. Maybe someone has a
better suggestion.