List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Usability] Lightening up the XDG menu
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2004-03-30 8:04:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Not on the mailinglist, so this reply won't have the right In-Reply-To
headers, please cc: me next time (sorry, should've said so before).

> I supplied a list for a reason, I did not list Konqueror, Gaim, GIMP etc.
> so no worry.

No, but you listed wallet configuration and KDE printing, which would
cripple Konqueror.

> The usability aspect or that KEdit is available in GNOME - what is most
> important? The objections to this proposal suggest the latter..

If a user doesn't want KEdit to appear in GNOME, he should not install
KEdit. It's *that* simple. I understand that distributions tend to install
the duplicates without the users knowing what's going on, but it would be
irresponsible to assume or dictate user behavior in the upstream code.

I promise you that if I install GEdit from FreeBSD ports, it will be a
conscious decision, and I *will* file a bug if it doesn't automatically show
up in my KDE menu.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 4/3 Horrorpops ROTTERDAM, 4/4 Horrorpops UTRECHT
cap@capsi.com | 4/29 The Rasmus LONDON, 5/11 Ghost of the Robot AMSTERDAM