List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Cleaning up KDE: Context-menus
From:       Davide Ferrari <il_vide () katamail ! com>
Date:       2004-03-29 16:13:03

Alle 16:59, luned́ 29 marzo 2004, Janne Ojaniemi ha scritto:

I agree with the rest of your cleaning ideas (especially about desktop context
menu, which is now simply absurde in my opinion) but I don't agree about
these 2 points:

> And what does "Open with" do here? If I'm browsing
> folders, I'm browsing them with Konqueror obviously, why would I want to
> change to some other app all of a sudden? So it could be dropped as well.
> Also, "Open in new tab" and "Open in new windows" could be merged in to a
> "Open in... >" selection with "new tab" and "new window" being in a

No, because the "open in new tab" and "open in new window" is something I
would like to have quickly. Moreover, I think that RMB click in Konqueror FM
is almost *always* used to open that particular folder in another way, or to
get its properties. So IMO it must remain the same.

> submenu. Also, "Actions >" could be moved under the "Open in... >"
> selection in the first group, eliminating one group. Doing these changes we
> have a menu like this:

You are again wrong, IMO, cause "Actions" sub-menu is something more than a
"Open" enhanced. You can put almost everything in the Action menu (like
sending file via Bluetooth, attach a file to an email, zip a directory etc
etc), so it definitely shouldn't be under "open"

The rest is correct, in my opinion, and I hope your suggestions will be
applied :)

--
Davide Ferrari
ICQ #5301833