List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kdesu::slickness++
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <sebastien.laout () tuxfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-03-23 6:41:09

> We simply let the code, decide - it knows the particular situation and what is
> suitable. We add an argument to kdesu so one can tell on the command line if
> the command should be shown or not. Sounds great right? :))

What's an havy solutions !
It would requiere change all kdesu calls...
And I willn't trust in those "pre-thinked security-case".
Which would your criteras ?

Is it so complicated to remember the state of the advanced button ?
Or is theire a usability issue with it ?
If a lambda user click "Advanced >>", he all right can re-click on it to
hide the so uggly line(s)... Or perhapse it willn't have courrage/know,
or willn't take pain to do it, I agree... But it's her choice :-/