List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some Different File Viewers for Konqueror
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-20 20:07:42

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:

> These are a few ideas I had for how to make the system more usable. I'll go
> through the four of them separately, but just so you know in advance what
> this massive post contains:

> 1) Clumped Files

I think this would be good as an additional viewing mode for konqueror. It
looks clean and organised. Very good. However, it will not do as a
complete substitute for the current viewing modes of Konqueror. For
example, sometimes you want to see which of *all* files is the
largest, the oldest, and so on. You can't easily see that in this
new viewing mode, because the files are divided into cathegories.

> 2) FTP Viewer

What's the idea of two file views? I get the feeling it is taking away my
screen space. Except from this and the settings button, it's the same as
the current FTP KIO.

> 3) Image Previewer (similar to XP's)

Very nice, now you can easily navigate and view the images at the same
time. Personally, I would place the thumbs bar vertically on the side, I
think it gives you more space that way.

> 4) Music Player

Why don't you embed Juk into Konqueror? Maybe that is not possible yet,
but I think Juk's user interface is perfect. Please use Juk's.

But I don't think I will use it, Konqueror is a lot of things, but not a
music player please. Just my opinion.

> 5) Video Player

I don't know, I never use embedded video players, I don't like them.

Cheers,

Dik