List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Location Bar Highlighting
From:       "Jamethiel Knorth" <jamethknorth () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-03-20 16:00:44

>From: Leo Savernik <l.savernik@aon.at>
>Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:51:11 +0100
>
>Am Samstag 20 März 2004 16:25 schrieb Jamethiel Knorth:
>[...]
> >
> > I meant those to be examples, not a full list. However, I have no idea
>what
> > you are talking about. Could you please explain what types of URLs this
> > wouldn't work for?
>
>Data urls look like

>is
>an html document generated by a data url</body></html>
>
>So url highlighting wouldn't be too useful for data urls ;-).

Yeah, I guess not. Never seen one of those.

> > >Besides, I'd rather have a plain fast location bar than a fancy slow
>one.
> >
> > I could be turned off (likely be off by default). Also, syntax
>highlighting
> > is damn fast. The slowdown will always come from the disk-read or data
> > transfer.
>
>You may be right that the impact on speed is negligible.
>There's only the problem: It needs a highlighting color scheme, one that
>works
>out of the box, even for inverse color settings. If you only strive for
>font-style changes (and not for color changes), this point is moot.

My thought was that the default would either be off or bolded, but it would
be configurable the same as most syntax highlighting: choose style+color and
you're set.

Basically, it seems like a fairly trivial change would could be very nice.
Of course, it might be completely useless and everyone will just leave it
off. It's a feature I'd really have to use to decide on.