List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Run as...
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2004-03-15 15:31:54

> 2. How often do people want to run programs as an arbitrary user?  The only
> other user I ever want to use is root.

Sometimes I'm working at home and my sister just wants to check her mail, or
show me a page she previously bookmarked, small stuff for which starting a
new session is overkill. It's also handy if you want to compare some settings
of one of your apps with your friends, eventually copy paste stuff from one
to another... this sort of thing happen in a multi user environment.

J.A.