List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: bug #76841 - what to do with it?
From:       "Friedrich W. H.  Kossebau" <Friedrich.W.H () Kossebau ! de>
Date:       2004-03-07 0:34:38

Am Sonntag, 7. März 2004 00:05 schrieb Matt Rogers:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 02:58 pm, Frans Englich wrote:
> > On Saturday 06 March 2004 20:42, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > >  Hello,
> > >
> > >  I have a question. What should be the procedure for things like
> > > #76841?

<snip>

> > What defaults we have is very, very important. The problem in this BR can
> > be generalized to all other cases in KDE when defaults are to be selected
> > - should we select the usability wise superior or go for consistency(so
> > transition is easier)?
>
> In this case, I think the defaults are fine, and I don't think they should
> change in this case. If people want the titlebar double-click behavior to
> be default, they should do one of two things.
>
> 	1. Run KPersonalizer and change the system behavior setting to "Microsoft
> Windows"
>
> 	2. Change the current titlebar double-click behavior to "Maximize" in the
> "Window Behavior" KCM.

3. Select the scheme "Redmond" in the window kcm. Ups, not implemented yet :(

Will say: IMHO there should be more usage of predefined schemes so people
afraid or unwilling to dig into the deepness of options can switch to and
exchange easily different types of settings. For me KPersonalizer is only a
first time app.

Friedrich