List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Shutdown dialog
From:       Benoit Walter <b.walter () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-02-19 17:36:50

On Thursday 19 February 2004 18:27, Rui Malheiro wrote:
> Looks nice, but shouldn't the buttons be ordered like:
>
>   Back to desktop
>   End current session
>   Restart computer
>   Turn off computer

The standard way is to show the main actions first. "Back to desktop" is a
sort of "Cancel" button, which we usually find at the bottom of the dialogs.

> With "back to desktop" as default.

Well, having a default button only makes sense for users who use the keyboard
shortcuts... and clicking on "Escape" is the preferred shortcut for that. As
it is already a confirmation dialog, we should have another default button
(which is the one you choose in the configuration dialog), as nobody wants to
struggle too much before logging out :-)

There was the same problem when choosing the default button in the "Do you
really want to delete that file?" dialog.