Hi all, I'm not happy with the way toolbar item separators are handled by the KXMLGUIFactory. There are two sorts of seperators: - blank spacer: It's defined with "" in KDE's .rc files, is the default and most KDE apps are using it. http://www.tnt22.com/files_sandro/spacesep.png - line separator: Defined with something like "". Only very few apps are using it and it's not possible to add it with the "Configure Toolbars...". To get it, you have to hack the .ui file by hand. http://www.tnt22.com/files_sandro/linesep.png I would like to propose two usability improvements: - It sould be possible to distinguish between them in the toolbar dialog, maybe call the one "--- Spacer ---" and the other "--- Line ---" or what ever. This would make it possible for those who prefer one kind of separator in favor of the other to configure their toolbars for their needs. - I think line separators should definitely be made default -- add "" to get the line and disable the line using "". The spacers are just too inconspicuous and thus they serve almost no usability purpose. IMHO all they do is to make the toolbars look even more cluttered as they are; visually impaired people might not even notice them. What do you think? I will try to write the patches if you agree with me. regards, Sandro _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability