List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Allowing No Hide mode in passwords
From:       Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian () mat ! uc ! pt>
Date:       2004-01-24 20:43:15

> Each thing which helps to enter password by revealing part of it in this
> or that manner also help to break it in some special situation.
Yeap. If it's going to be usable it's going to be unsafe... searching for the
safest way to show a password just doesn't sound good to me.

> But many
> security purists seem not to realize that people with problems in
> remembering passwords or typing it will end with piece of paper with
- people with problems typing passwords write them on a pice of paper?
- and how does this helps people who have a hard time remembering passes?

> password on it attached to their keyboards or monitors. IMO each way to
> reduce number of those "hints" is Good Thing (tm).
Well, you don't need anything else but a password manager like Kwallet to take
care of those.

J.A.