List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Allowing No Hide mode in passwords
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-24 14:42:49

On Friday 23 January 2004 19:21, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On January 23, 2004 10:00, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > a) the character that was entered last time is shown as "plain"
> > character, and all other characters are '*'ed.
>
> i agree that this is probably the best approach suggested thus far...

But I wonder if it really will help those who have trouble with passwords - it
requires the user to visualize the word("where" in the word the user is ie.)
from one letter. It will also look "flurry" when you type. I think the
behavior requires logical and spatial thinking above average.
And regarding the guy who had a long password.. I wonder if there's any point
in having a long password when such an insecure behavior will get enabled ;-)

Cheers,

			Frans