List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Taskbar: "show windows from all desktops"
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-23 23:12:05

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri (Thursday 22 January 2004 19:58)
> I'm not Aaron, but will say my opinion:
> I change it to only one desktop when the user comes from Windows, cause
> they don't know how to handle it... it's something very different to them.
> After they got more confortable I introduce the possiblity to arrange apps
> in different groups (desktops). IMHO KDE should come with only one desktop
> enabled, users who need/use it will enable it and most of users change the
> desktop names, so they visit the kcm at least once.

And my opinion is that not all KDE users are dumb Windows users.

The concept of multiple desktops is *very* easy to understand, and many
programs exist to enable them on any version of Windows.  Microsoft even a
multiple desktop program that is part of the Windows XP Powertoys.

Vertu sæll,

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
http://rivyn.livejournal.com