List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2004-01-17 23:41:12

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:40:53 +0000, "Jorge Adriano Aires"
<jadrian@mat.uc.pt> said:

> > I mean, today Konqueror acts a bit like it, but it _adds_ stuff. The things
> > it has on default _stay_. And that is great usability wise.
>
> And what is your definition of "the things it has on default"?
> The ones that stay?

I wasn't clear at all!

I mean, the menu items and the toolbar items that are linked to the main
application (Konqueror) always stay where they are. Only the part
specific menu items and buttons are moved in and out. On the toolbar,
Konqueror developers are smart and located the merge point for part
buttons on the right, so the position of the main buttons don't change
and you can train your movements trusting in their position. On the
menus, the general rule is also to put new additions at the bottom, for
the same reason. And this is good.
--
  Carlos Leonhard Woelz
  carloswoelz@imap-mail.com