On Thursday 15 January 2004 23:11, Leo Savernik wrote: > Am Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2004 21:47 schrieb Max O'Shea: > [...] > > > options. So Konqueror should have two 'modes' - web browsing, and file > > browsing, and it should behave like a completely different program > > [...] > > Why should a single program behave like two completely different programs? > What's the advantage of it? I can tell you a disadvantage: It's a mess to > maintain. As I already mentionened elsewhere, if there is the need for a > distinct web browser in KDE, it must be an application of its own. > Everything else leads to an incoherent patchwork that will make neither > side happy. > I dont think there is a need for a distinct web browser. Where is konqueror insufficient as a browser? On the contrary I sometimes miss a distinct file-manager, because konqueror is best suited for browsing(online and offline) and not managing, but to solve this you would only need to be able to change between click-to-execute and click-to-select on the fly, something I trying to work out a model for. `Allan _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability