List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: kcontrol redux, ad infinitum
From:       Simon Edwards <simon () simonzone ! com>
Date:       2004-01-10 14:32:36

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 06:26 pm, Gordon Tyler wrote:
> On January 7, 2004 12:41 pm, Benoit Walter wrote:
> > >  o the MacOS X control panel with top level groups and panels provides
> > > some interesting lessons we can learn from
> >
> > Do you have a screenshot of it?  I can't remember where my Mac is :-)
>
> Mac OS X 10.2, System Preferences main window:
> http://www.doxxx.net/MacOSX-SystemPreferences-1.jpg

Thanks for pics. The OS X's prefs are about as good as it gets. A handful of
top 'levels', everything shown on the first page with everything just grouped
by category (no yucky trees and such), the panels don't open in a new window
(which should keep Aaron happy), and once you are in a panel one click up the
top takes you back to categories. Very simple.

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon@simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/