List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: context menu in webbrowser: image link
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2004-01-09 23:40:13

Dnia Friday 09 of January 2004 23:55, Leo Savernik napisał:

> Am Freitag, 9. Januar 2004 21:56 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
> [...]
>
> This must stay. Otherwise there'd be trivial way to obtain the link
> location.

I am not against this item, just wording. OK, english is not my native
language, but IMO this is not clear enough.

> > 		Save link as... copies *target* not link as it is understood in
> > 		this point.
>
> Mozilla people discussed the same problem years ago. No need to reiterate
> it here.

Hmm. You are unclear almost as Konq's context menus ;).
Do you agree or not? If you agree OK, but if you aren't in my mozilla
1.4 (quite new) is 'target'.

> > 		Save target as...
>
> Mozilla uses: Save link target as...
> Konqueror should follow suit.

Yes, that is better.

> > Open with
> > 	Open *what*?
>
> Some items are related to the current page, not the link. All web
> browsers do this mixture.
>
> > 		Open target with
>
> No, it should run: Open current page with

But this action (at least for me) opens target ^_^.

> > Preview with ...
> > 	Preview *what*?
>
> Same applies, but using an embedded viewer.
>
> > 		Preview target in
>
> Preview current page in

As above.

> > Actions
>
> Again, refers to the current page.
>
> Removing these for links and images could be done, but it is not trivial.

That would be the best thing.

> > 		Actions (target)
> >
> > Copy To - this action is unnecessary. It is already available through
> > 	Save link as... (can be removed from 3.2)
>
> This is installed by an add-on. This is *not* available for the default
> konqueror installation.
>
> > View Document Source - unnecessary action, doesn't apply to link. This
> > 	is links context menu.(can be removed from 3.2)
>
> Some items are related to the current page, not the link.
>
> > Image and link in one
>
> [...]
>
> > Save Image As... - OK
> > Send Image       - OK
> > Copy Image Location - OK (location in image context has more sense than
> > 	in link context)
> > View Image (iterviews.gif) - ?
> > 	But I see image perfectly! What I really need are image properties,
>
> This will display the image alone in a new browser window. It is
> necessary to view scaled images in their original size. This must not be
> removed.

OK. Still think Image properties with web info is necessary.

m.