List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: tarballs etc
From:       een3sae () leeds ! ac ! uk
Date:       2004-01-10 0:13:03

Thanks for the advice! Its not going to coded for a while (I have to learn C++
and Qt - but im doing this in the next 6 months at uni!

Yeah your right about tarball installation being dangerous - i have seriously
screwed my system several times using poor quality tarballs. I now try avoid
them and just use binaries where possible!

I was working on the basis that any program i make would simply try and
compile source tarballs like KConfigure - and if they work thats fine, if not
tough!

-=+Stephen Ellwood+=-