List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts upon system "security"
From:       Luke Sandell <sandell () freeshell ! org>
Date:       2004-01-07 17:41:40

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 11:54 am, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> this is what sudo is for. making kde apps sudo aware / able to use sudo
> when appropriate is all that's really needed (aside from properly setting
> up sudo =).

You're right, sudo _can_ be used.  So maybe I should focus on trying to find a
distro that functions this way.  One slight problem: although sudo makes it
_possible_ to run command-line configuration tools as a non-superuser, it
does not offer any benefit in the area of KCMs.  Since the KCMs most likely
use libraries, not command line tools.

Sincerely,

Luke Sandell