List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KControl brainstorming in all its aspects
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2004-01-07 16:40:34

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 16:28, Sander Devrieze wrote:

> Op woensdag 7 januari 2004 12:23, schreef Mikolaj Machowski:
> <snip>
>
> > > O: KDE Wallet
> > > N: Wallet
> > > //this one relies heavily on the metaphor..
> >
> > Why not just: Password management?
>
> To make it shorter I think.

I think so too. If we want to play around with the layout short phrases are
preferred, it's also faster to read. But in the overall picture it may not
suffer(it must still be informative and meaningfull).

> <snip>
>
> > > O: k3bsetup2
> > > N: CD Writing
> > > // or burning? This have been discussed before, I think there were some
> > > translation issues..
>
> Is this again in KControl? :s We had discussed something similar for
> another writing program a few months ago...

Yes, I've also pondered on why k3b is there.. There is one reason to have it
there and that is the tight integration with the rest of KDE. OTOH, all
applications seem to be that..  :) I don't know what to do about it. I don't
know if I want it out of KControl.

			Frans