List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: simpler UI for konqy
From:       Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro () 6mil ! pt>
Date:       2004-01-07 12:34:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Era Terça 06 Janeiro 2004 18:00, e o Benoit Walter escreveu:

> I personnally sometimes need to reload a page that has not been totally
> downloaded. That would be silly to click on Stop in order to find the
> Reload button...

I still think that's two actions. Stop *and* reload. That's how I see it. I
belive this comes from my IE days when sometimes I had to stop before reload
to get it to work :)

> And what happens if you want to stop loading 0.1s before the loading is
> complete, and click on Stop 0.2s later? It has been changed into Reload and
> you get something you did not want... Each button should have a FIXED
> behaviour... not 2 different ones, even if they are related.

Touché. That argument I can't beat. I now agree that the *default* should be
two buttons for stop and reload. I'm still wishing for an *advanced* single
stop/reload though :)

--
Rui Malheiro				Edifício Empresarial 3 - Sala 2.09
Director Técnico				Pólo Tecnológico de Lisboa