On 2004-01-03 03:36:49, Frans Englich wrote: > Rationalis(partly from the discussion on KDE-Accessibility): > The text is in size 8pts which is _really_ small. Old people and people with > vision difficulties probably find it impossible to interpret and it wouldn't > surprise me if typical users find it cumbersome(I do on my 800x600 screen). > It has another advantage, from a esthetic POV I find it better, IMHO: It is > lighter and more minimalistic, the kicker interface is a little simpler and > not so overwhelming. Removes a little bit of the KDE's "bloatness" > impression. I agree that it is better to remove items with unreadable text than to keep them. However, I wish this thing could be an option, with the default to not show the date. I love having the date available all the time, as I never remember what day it is. On my laptop, the date is clearly readable for ME. (but not for my mom :=) ). I get most use for the date thingie when paying bills in my Internet bank. The web application is rather silly, as it does not include today's date as a default, and that it deletes whatever partial date is entered if window focus is lost. By having the date as a mouse-over only, the focus on the browser will be lost while I'm hovering the clock (due to X-focus). This clears the partial date entered (I usually know the year and month) due to some stupid javascript... =) Back to the case. Make the date field optional. I think this could be a great loss, I love the feature that "Clicking on the date brings up a calendar", it's one excellent usability feature, immediately understandable. -- Stian Søiland Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose Trondheim, Norway is where you win and the other lose. http://www.soiland.no/ Lose-lose and lose-win are left as an exercise to the reader. [Limoncelli/Hogan] _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability