On Wednesday 31 December 2003 05:56 am, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote: > Dun you hate when you start an application from the K menu or the desktop, > but the window simply doesn't open? Sometimes apps fail to start, and that > is a fact of life + =( I actually wish the "launch feedback" could be a little more intelligent. For example: when an application terminates, why can't it detect this and stop the hour glass? I'm guessing this is a UNIX, rather than a KDE, problem. >  But sometimes I need to open the app in a konsole window to actually see >  what happened, in the konsole window, by peeking at the stderr >  output.  Wouldn't it be great to have it show discreetly when the app fails >  to start or bombs out? Here's a possible scheme: first, detect if the application links to Xlib. If so, assume it will open a window. If it terminates without opening a window, pop up your error dialog. Also, it'd be nice to automatically pop up a console window for non-Xlib apps, unless otherwise specified. This makes them more useful (and able to be run from the icon when browsing say /bin). Luke Sandell _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability