Frans Englich wrote: > On my Slackware 9.0 system my (KDE-HEAD) KMenu have a small problem - all over > it is spread with 100% _irrelevant_ gnome apps. Do not misunderstand me, I > don't mind GNOME, quite the opposite, and want them to live peacefully > together, but "gnome control center" is not very useful in KDE and it would > be most appropriate if they had a NotShowIn=KDE. Or what do do you think? > There's alot of those obvious gnome system-specific. But when it comes to apps > with _very_ similar functionality like Terminal/konsole Text Editor/Kedit it > becomes hard and political tense to judge. Should we do a NotShowIn=GNOME on > konsole and a NotShowIn=KDE on Terminal, etc? > > I really have no clue in this matter, but, I think it is clear that the > current situation/KMenu is usability wise could be better. > > Should I make a pile of oneliners and this time not only bother kde developers > but also gnomers? :) What do the wise people say in this matter? :) Urgh!!! This would mean WAR y'know ;) But seriously.. sometimes someone just prefers the gnome variant over the kde variant despite using KDE. I can't say much about what should not be shown and what should: but definately don't hide GNOME applications. As for gnome-control-center, it should be shown too, unless you want to force the user to startup gnome just to change their settings (think themes and fonts). - William _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability