List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Use settings:/ in Konqeuror instead of KControl in 3.2?
From:       Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe () softhome ! net>
Date:       2003-12-23 0:22:51

Craig Drummond (Monday 22 December 2003 13:06)
> 1. There's no way (easy) to distinguish if clicking on an icon will open up
> a kcontrol module, or will go deeper into the KControl tree. i.e. Top level
> icons should be "folder"like. (This point applies all over KDE).

This is a problem, but I would prefer to keep the existing icons.  What I
would propose is the addition of suffixing each directory name with `/', each
FIFO name with `|', and each name of an executable with `*', identical to the
-F option to ls (and similarly, a checkbox to turn this off could be added to
the Konqueror settings.

> 2. There's no way to access the "admin" mode of a module that can work in
> both user and admin mode - e.g. the font installer. This could be rectified
> if "kcmshell" supported an "Admin" mode button like the regular KControl
> does.

The module itself, if it has an Admin mode, should have a wrapper with the
Admin button...

--
Sigþór Björn Jarðarson (Casey Allen Shobe)
cshobe@softhome.net
> KDE toolbar icons
> Kopete user interface, usability, and testing
> X11 Icelandic Dvorak keymaps
* (website coming soon)